Guest blogging has become increasingly popular and not without reason; building your online authority through this inbound marketing strategy has a massive impact on business growth.
The combination of awareness, personal brand building, referral traffic and links that guest blogging provides has the power to significantly boost your online visibility and your sales.
What is Guest Blogging?
Guest blogging involves writing blog posts for other websites.
But that’s not nearly all:
Writing high-quality and insightful content for other similar blogs in your industry is an excellent way to establish your authority.
Creating authentic and originally written posts on topics which are relevant to the blogging site is mutually beneficial; the blogging site gains good fresh content, while the author bio on the guest blog provides an introduction to the guest blogger and includes a backlink which ensures that the writer is genuine while also attracting traffic from the blogging site to the author’s.
It’s a straightforward quid pro quo:
When you write a blog for another website as a guest, you promote your own brand. It’s the perfect trade to gain recognition and receive more targeted visitors to your site.
Still not convinced about the benefits of guest blogging? Take a look at these 5 big advantages of this inbound marketing strategy.
The 5 most significant reasons to guest blog:
- Establish authority: Good quality content is paramount in gaining relevance and popularity for your website. Well-written and authoritative content that speaks to the readers in addition to engaging them and keeping them hooked is the perfect type of content for blogs and this will help establish the website as an authority on the subject.
Search engines love sites that provide useful and authentic information. Through guest blogging on such sites the guest blogger benefits by way of exposure to the readers of a niche category who are genuinely looking for relevant information, resulting in the guest blogger establishing his or her authority as a quality writer.
- Visibility and targeted traffic: One of the biggest benefits of writing a top-quality guest post is the instant exposure it brings. Done the right way, guest blogging will result in targeted traffic and sales. To boost your chances of conversion you should optimise your site’s landing pages and CTA’s.
- Improved search ranking: When you write and publish several guest articles on authoritative blogs, your search rankings will improve. Guest posting earns you link juice which translates into higher rankings in the search engine results.
One of the main ranking criteria for search engines is the relevancy and quality of links that point to a website. Guest posting on high-quality and relevant websites will earn high-quality and relevant links pointing towards your site, which will increase your search ranking.
However, always remember that your focus should be on the quality of the content that you’re creating rather than simply a link to your blog or website.
- Shares, followers, and leads: Guest blogging not only increases the number of social media shares to your content, it will also boost your number of followers and generate leads. Contributing to an authoritative blog earns you trust as they are essentially vouching for your brand.
Remember to customise your contributor profile and include links to your social media accounts to make it easy for your new fans to follow you.
Winning your target audience’s trust and turning them into active social media followers is just the first step, reward them with regular updates and useful information that aligns with their interests.
- Guest blogging builds relationships and trust: Good content is the foundation of any blog. Bloggers and website owners are in search of kickass content for their blogs and websites. When you gain a reputation for providing that type of content to people in the blogging world, it will help you promote your business, resulting in increased website traffic, more subscribers to your blog and ultimately more people that trust you and want to do business with you.
A guest post can help you achieve so much more than traffic, links and brand visibility. It can bring in quick sales and increase revenue. Guest blogging is a very effective inbound marketing strategy, especially when you carefully research industry blogs and create high-value content that people can’t find elsewhere.
As Neil Patel says: “Great content does one essential thing: improve your brand image. It also gives the right audience a strong reason to listen to you.”
Guest blogging allows you to communicate with the right people for the right reasons and is, without a doubt, a crucial step for online marketing success.
Do you guest blog already or is this something you’ve been thinking about? Were you aware of all the benefits of guest blogging?
Would you like to contribute to SEO+?
SEO+ are currently accepting guest blogs. If you’re in a similar space and think our audience would find what you have to say interesting send us a message here.
PS – If you enjoyed this post, please comment, like and share below, Thanks!
You might also find these articles helpful:
Hazel Jarrett, director of SEO at SEO+, is well-known in the SEO space, has won many awards during her 20-year career and has been published on various well-known sites. Through her services and training programs, her SEO strategies have generated 10s of millions of sales for her clients, earning her a big reputation for delivering the results that matter.
Want to follow Hazel on social media? You’ll find her via the icons below.