There’s a lot to SEO and getting top ranking results but I have the top Google SEO tips right here… check them out below for the best results for your website
There are many SEO elements that need to be performed or optimised if you really want to beat your competitors, however not all SEO elements are equal and I’m going to let you in on the most essential on-page Google SEO tips that will give your site a head start in the Search Engine Ranking stakes.
Sure you may need a little help with some of the other SEO elements and if you really want to race to the top with SEO that works then give me a call: 01626 270085 or 07773031266
Before you get started – Keyword Research
Yep, I know keyword research sounds like a lot of hard work, but it doesn’t have to be. Check out the free Google Keyword Tool to help you find the best keywords. Add the words that relate to your web page into the box and let Google tell you the best ones to use! Aim to use words that have low competition and a high number of searches because you don’t want to compete with all the big boys and you want the best chance of being found.
Finding and targeting the right keywords is crucial to the success of your SEO Campaign and here’s a good keyword guide if you need a little more help: How to find the right Keywords
3 Google SEO Tips for Top Ranking Results
Google SEO Tip 1: Add your Keyword to the Title Tag
Title Tags are one of the most important on-page SEO elements for targeting your keywords and achieving those sought after high search engine rankings.
You’ll find the title tag in the navigation bar right at the top of your browser window. The Title Tag of this post is: 3 Google SEO Tips for Top Ranking Results
My target keyword phrase is: Google SEO Tips
The contents of this tag will not only affect your website ranking but are also the first line people will see in the search results when searching for your product or service.
Title Tag Tips:
- For the title tag to be effective it is crucial that it contains the main keyword for that page. Remember to optimise every single page of your site with a unique and optimised title tag focused to the individual page
- Add your main keyword at the beginning as they are deemed more helpful leading to better ranking and also increased clicks from users.
- Include your brand name after your keyword in your home page title tag
- You will need to choose your words wisely as you’re limited to 70 characters
- Don’t only think about keywords and optimisation, but also give thought to user experience as creating a compelling title tag will lead to more visits from the search results
Google SEO Tip 2: Add the same Keyword to your H1 Tag
The H1 tag (Main heading) will help to influence your search engine ranking. The main heading tag should help visitors understand what your page is about. For maximum benefit, these H1 tags need to represent the page content and contain the main keyword for that page.
The H1 Tag should be found at the top of the page content. You’ll see in this post that I have used my Title Tag as my H1 Tag and then used H2 tags for each subsequent important section.
H1 Tag Tips:
- Use your most important keyword for the page within your H1 tag
- Matching your H1 Tag to your Title Tag will add more weight to the keyword included
- The H1 tag should be placed at the top of your content and help visitors easily understand what the content of the page is about
- Don’t overuse the H1 tag. Only one H1 tag in recommended on each page
- There are six levels of heading tags: H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, H6, with H1 being the most important. H2 is the next important tag which should be used for subheadings and include related keyword phrases.
Google SEO Tip 3: Optimise your Navigation
Optimised navigation is important for both your visitors and the search engines, after all you don’t want to confuse either! For the navigation to be properly optimised you will need to think about the exact terms that your potential customers will use in a search to find what you are offering. The navigation links anchor text should be the exact keyword term that you are targeting as Google is very precise about how anchor text is written. Your navigation should stand out and be easy to follow so that your visitors can easily find what they are looking for.
Website Navigation Tips:
- The page being linked to becomes more relevant for the search term featured in the link, so think carefully about the best keywords to use in your navigation and keep it all relevant.
- Ensure the homepage link is present on all your web pages
- Your navigation should stand out and be easily recognisable and information should be easy to find
Bonus Google SEO Tip: Keep your Content Relevant
Without quality content your website will not achieve good results in the search engines and will fail to attract the visitors you need. Content is the foundation of an optimised website. By delivering value your website will be liked by search engines and visitors alike.
- Keep your content relevant and focused to your heading tag.
- Ensure any content is unique and give your visitors the information they want.
- Google likes fresh content so keep adding fresh content to your site or write a blog
- Easy to read and grammatically correct content is essential to keep your readers’s interest.
Once you’ve completed these Google SEO Tips, simply repeat for all of your pages and you’ll be on your way to top ranking results
Was this post useful? Then please share it using the links below. If this article helped you, or you have feedback please leave a comment and I will ensure I answer it. Thank you.